Monday, September 21, 2015

My European Adventure! Pt 2

Day 2, after many trails I ran into my host for the weekend and arrived at the designation for leg 1 of my trip: chateau le pin, an old castle in the heart of France with roots to the twelfth century. After a long winding road we turned into a little courtyard and through an old carriage portal so narrow the car barely fit. And the I saw it: like something out of a folk story, it's tall gothic spires reminiscent of another age; and my home for the next week. 
(The entry)
( the lounge)
(The great room)
(The stairs)
(My room)
(My view pt1)
(My view pt2)
(Even my own gold plated throne)

Needless to say this will be a week to remember. 






3 comments:

  1. You should be quite pleased the faucet has a single spout. It seemed whenever I left the States (seldom), most of the places I stayed at had two spigots, one ice cold and the a boiling hot trickle. And: do they have ice? Everyone else in the world used to think 'Muricans were freaking for wanting iced drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie hasn't mentioned this yet, but I'm sure she wants close-up pictures of architectural details her man can replicate as he's building their chateau.

    Make sure you capture a few videos of the scenery as your train climbs through the Alps, so I can loop 'em on the art wall of the ol' oak barrel ceiling inglenook alcove (for a psychogenetic altitude sickness experiment, of course.)

    ReplyDelete